Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Breaking the Silence and New Loves

Hi All! Sorry for the deafening silence from my head support of the forest lately. I've had a crazy summer and blogging is one of those things that goes by the wayside when (1) I honestly don't have time, and (2) I just don't feel like it. The past months have been a combination of the two. But never mind.

Ah, life is good. I mean, smashingly really good.

I have some new loves. I know, I know: "Oh, there she goes again... that's all she needs; more hobbies!" Yeah, but these are SO cool. What are they this time?

Motor bikes and Accordions.

Not at the same time, mind you, unless someone else was driving. (Ooo, there's an interesting thought... can't you see me, sitting on the back of a motor bike, bringing to life a joyful tune that drifts to the ears of all those we pass... well, dunno 'bout you, but I can see me doing that.) But yes, another musical instrument. They're crack for me, and I have no intention of quitting. But, ah, accordions... there is something wonderfully old and romantic about them that just leaves my musical soul absolutely smitten. Besides the occasional brief tinkering in music stores, I had never gotten to play one, but all this has changed forever. I got to play not one, but two different accordions lately. Unfortunately, I don't own either of them, which is, indeed, very unfortunate, as I just pointed out. I don't know if this will be my next musical instrument, but I sure hope so!

(This is me someday: playing on a street... could be anywhere in the world. *happy sigh*)

Ok, so on to motor bikes: They rock. Meet my new boyfriend:


His name is Chuffy.

Unlike the unfortunate accordion situation, we own this beauty of a machine. Dad found him on ebay (weird place to find a boyfriend, I know) and got him for $600. "Chuffy" is the name of a character in some of P.G Wodehouse's amazing books. Also, interestingly enough (well, I think it's interesting), I found this entry in "Merriam-Webster's Top 10 Favorite British Words, Vol. 2"
   #3: Chuffed
         Definition: quite pleased; delighted
              Example: "I'm absolutely chuffed that we have a motor bike!" 

So, yeah. Life is really good, and I am really happy. It's random, (better get used to it) but here's some of the things that have contributed to my happiness of late:

  • The weather
  • Accordions
  • The turning of Seasons
  • Good friends who are awesome
  • Nature in general
  • Good poetry
  • The realization that my family is really going to sell the house and move into a bus (!)
  • Motor bikes
  • Good food

Oh, on that note, I did something interesting a bit ago: I tried my hand at making Sushi. Well, fake sushi. California roll with no raw fish, just imitation crab. It worked out really well. Just look:  


That's all from me today. Now go outside and enjoy some of the lovely autumn weather.


[Ok, who understood what I meant by "head support of the forest"? Try to figure it out; it's just synonyms ... give up? Neck of the woods.]

1 comment: